- Despair is anger with no place to go.
- No one has ever loved anyone the way everyone wants to be loved.
- You will turn over many a futile new leaf till you learn we must all write on scratched-out pages.
- What you can’t get out of, get into whole-heartedly.
- Love is often gentle, desire always a rage.
Mignon McLaughlin, from The Complete Neurotic’s Notebook (1981)
me: *has an opinion*
me: *realizes that my opinion is a result of my limited world view*
me: *stays in my lane*
This to me was the height, though I wrote it and cut reaches down to single sentences. The yellow dry grass gave way to quick rushing mediums, to temperate zones uninspiring. But the people in these zones. Though the valley weather was far too sunny, too consistent, producing an assumption…
Did they fail??